While competitive rates continue to be one of Heartland Power Cooperative's greatest contributions to the economy of North Central Iowa and South Central Minnesota, Heartland Power's economic development program helps attract new businesses and expand others in rural communities. This program is focused on improving the quality of life of its member-consumers and the economic and social well being of the region.
Heartland Power Cooperative has aggressively played key roles in several important development projects in North Central Iowa through financial support, energy assistance, economic development incentive rates, and efficiency incentives. A small sample of this important development work, in coordination with area developers, business leaders, and our cooperative family -- Dairyland Power Cooperative include:
- A $315,000 low interest loan for the Top of Iowa Welcome Center .
- A $377,000 low interest loan to the City of St. Ansgar to complete the infrastructure of the Industrial Park.
- A $300,000 low interest loan to the Mitchell County Regional Health Center.
- Annual matching support to area communities to support economic development activities and the promotion of tourism.
In addition, economic development specialists assist area community leaders with a number of other development projects and major new customer opportunities, as well as development financing assistance from other sources for projects in their communities.
The Heartland Power Cooperative service area encompasses a sizable network of organizations to help businesses get off to a successful start. Once we understand your situation, we can help you by putting you in touch with the right people … those who are prepared to provide the specific kind of help you need. We will also work to network you with existing businesses to compliment your organization or supply necessary resources.
Contact us for more information about:
Rural Business - Cooperative Service Economic Development Loan & Grant Programs.
- Heartland Power Cooperative Economic Development Loan Program.
- Efficiency incentives for heating, cooling, water heating and lighting.
Heartland Power Cooperative's Contact Representative:
Thompson Office Phone: 641-584-2251
Toll Free: 888-584-9732
Fax: 641 584-2253
St. Ansgar Office Phone: 641-713-4965
Toll Free: 800-349-2832